The Boeing P-12 was developed by Boeing as a replacement for two of its earlier designs, the F2B and F3B biplanes used by the United States Navy. Using a smaller, lighter airframe – but the same R-1430 Wasp engine – the result was a faster, more agile fighter. The P-12 had a top speed of 189 mph, with a range of 570 miles. First flight of the P-12 was on June 25, 1928, with service deliveries beginning in 1929. More than 580 P-12s were delivered, and the aircraft served in front-line service until 1934, when it was replaced by the Boeing P-26 Peashooter.
This handcrafted model is painted in the same paint scheme as the original and is painstakingly built from Philippine mahogany by our skilled craftsmen. Perfect as a gift for any aviation enthusiast and history buff!